? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Progress Made

So for all of you guys out there dying to know how Savannah Grace did at church today... progress was made. She did not run out of her class. We paired her up with an adult volunteer name Annie who stayed with her from start to finish. She had SG help her sharpen pencils and hand out security tags, and Savannah Grace showed Annie everything she does in Quest. It seemed to work out pretty well. I think there was only one moment of crying and wanting mommy so Annie and SG sent mommy a text message. Huge thanks to Annie for giving my daughter some one on one attention. I think we'll continue to do this for the next several weeks until SG is totally adjusted. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us and for her, keep it up!

In other news, church was awesome today!! I'm so glad that we didn't cancel. In fact I heard that we had some visiting families today because their churches were canceled. We had a visiting pastor from the area today, Pastor Jonathan Martin from Renovatus Church, who filled in for Pastor Steven while he was away in Charleston refueling. Let me just say his message was awesome and God used it in a powerful way to speak to my heart. (you can listen to his message here later this week) He spoke about how we all need a tangible touch from God in our lives. Since God is not on this earth as a tangible person through Jesus Christ anymore the way we receive that tangible touch is through other believers. Believers that are intimately acquainted, who know each other and are known by each other. This is what I need. We have been here in Charlotte for about 7 weeks now and I have met a ton of great people. I have been to more play dates in the last 7 weeks than I had been on the whole 3 years we lived in Atlanta, but I'm ready to move deeper. I need some accountability and mentoring in my life. I need people who will drag be back to Jesus when I stray, people who will love and encourage me, flaws and all. I also want to be that person for someone else. We all need that tangible touch from God through other believers in the body. I'm ready to go deeper, anyone coming with me?

5 comments:

Teri Sue's Thoughts said...

Beautifully written, Anita. You summarized this morning's sermon perfectly! I'm in for going deeper, too. Hopefully, momtourage will be our "deep"! Glad SG did so well this morning!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!! You're blogging! I admit... I haven't checked in a bit cuz entries were scarce for a while! Looks like I've got some catching up to do! This particular entry makes me want to cry. God, I wish we could all be together. I miss you guys sooo much. I pray God gives you what you need there, though. Maybe one day we can do life together again. Love ya'll.

Jen Greven said...

Glad things were better! Hang in there, girl

Ken, Amy, & Will (for now) said...

Anita, I am so happy to hear things are getting better! I am also excited I found your blog; I love it!
Amy

dawn said...

i am with you girl!! i have been blessed by you and your family in the last 7 weeks - i am sooooo glad that God has put you here and in my life!

since sg is doing better - does that mean i can't kidnap you and take you to butler??