? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, January 18, 2008

Paranoid

Well I don't really know where to start this post other than saying that my oldest child had another brilliant display today as we were having a playdate at the Lineberger's house. My fleshly paranoia is starting to make me feel like no one is going to want to have us over/be our friends because of my daughter's behavior. We are in an area where there are a ton of young families with a multitude of stay-at-home moms and I feel like I can't go anywhere or do anything with my children without having a meltdown moment (or 2 or 3...). I'm pretty sure that everyone with kids goes through a time period when they feel like this, she is only three ya know. (I have to remind myself of that often) Plus the whole transition with our move has added to the problem, but seriously how long can I use the excuse of "we just moved here and she is going through a lot of transition"? I don't know. And the thing is, it's not like we don't discipline her. We have used every disciplinary action imaginable, for a 3 year old. We spank, we use time-out, we've taken away toys and privileges (although, selfishly, this is the one I use the least because when we take away her privileges it usually means we all suffer) So, I'm at my wits end. I don't know what else to do or try with her. Any suggestions?

For the record I want everyone to know that I love my eldest daughter very much. I see so much of Phillip and I in her, obviously. I also know that these qualities in her that are giving us such a hard time now, if channeled in the right direction, can be great qualities that God can use for His glory when she gets older. If you have been around us, read our blogs or seen us at church I'm sure that it has seemed less like love and more like "Boy are you gonna get it when we get home." lately. However I don't want anyone to ever doubt that we know what a special gift from God we have been given. This passage says it all. I want to bend her will without breaking her spirit.

Father, give me whatever it is that I need to raise these girls into the Godly women you have called them to be before the foundations of time.

1 comments:

Because of Love said...

Just know that I am praying for you!