? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Dress Up





Aren't they cute!!! Rylee, up until now, has been disinterested in playing dress up. In fact Savannah Grace was much older than Rylee when she first wanted dress up clothes. I think we bought her her first trunk full of dress up clothes for Christmas 2006, right before she turned three. However, with a big sister in the house, Rylee wants to do whatever she does. (unfortunately Savannah Grace doesn't understand that and Rylee often gets hurt trying to follow in her sister's footsteps, anyways, I digress) So on Monday while Savannah was sleeping Rylee walked over to me and handed me the Cinderella dress. At first I thought, "This is going to swallow you up!" but I went ahead and put it on her because I thought it'd be cute, and boy was it! I can't believe it actually fit her and didn't drag on the ground. It's a size 2/3! (my kids have always been big for their age) She had a ball in it and as soon as Savannah Grace woke up she put on her Barbie Island Princess dress and joined in the fun. It was a good afternoon.

FYI - Savannah Grace took off Rylee's pants today and put her into a pair of tights, all by herself. She ran around most of the afternoon in a t-shirt and tights. After we got done with dinner she crawled up into my lap and pointed at the tights and said, "Off." So I helped her peel them off thinking, "I can't believe how long you left these awful things on. I HATE wearing tights/hose." I suppose little girls view tights through a bit of a different lens. Anywho, she then proceeded to ask me to take off her diaper. I didn't think much of it because: 1. babies like to be naked and 2. it was quite full and saggy. So I proceeded to take it off and let her run around for a minute while I gathered a fresh diaper and wipes. She walked straight into the kitchen and peed on the floor. My first reaction was a gasp, like I needed another mess to clean up, my gasp made her cry. I don't know if it made her feel like she had done something bad or if she was upset because it wasn't in the toilet, all I know is that I'm setting up the "little" potty for her to start using. Can she really be ready to potty train at 18 months? Savannah Grace was almost three before she was trained. This will be a great thing if it actually pans out over the next several months. I'll keep you guys updated. (like you really care about my child's toilet training)

5 comments:

christine said...

The pictures are so cute--I walked in to my closet today for the first time in a couple of weeks, and it was so sad to not have the pack n play in there! I am glad to hear you are setting up the potty--I remember another 2nd child who wanted to do everything her older sister did, and she succeeded in most efforts! Oh, I found the books for Rylee, will mail them soon. Love you all and miss you, C

Anonymous said...

i care! hey, at least she didn't pee on the carpet!! yeah!!!
your girls look wonderful in their dresses...hannajean dressed lucy this week in dress-up and hugh took them out in public in their princess dresses. aren't girls so much fun!!
love
jes

Anonymous said...

Good post babe. Thanks for showing off our adorable girls.

Michael and Christina said...

I love the pictures. It almost makes me cry to see how grown-up Savannah looks, though. I care, too! It's good to know that the next generation of the family is learning potty manners:)

Jen Greven said...

Sooooooo CUTE! I really can't believe how big Rylee is!! What a cutie!