? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, April 6, 2007

Naive, Uninformed, Ignorant

Alright, this seems to be a touchy subject for a lot of people, however it's not something I have given much thought to. Is it because I don't care, or maybe I'm naive, uniformaed or ignorant, I'm not quite sure. I was at a jewelry show lastnight with a lot of first-time-moms and some moms who have be so for awhile now. I'm not sure how they got on the subject, but they started having a debate on whether to get your children vaccinated or not. Like I said earlier, I have never thought about it, I've just always had it done. This is where, I admit, I can be to trusting I guess. This is not an area of my expertice so I trust the doctors to tell me what is in the best interest of my child. When I was a child my parents had me vaccinated and I ate all of the regular old food from the grocery store, none of this organic stuff. I'm fine, so I do the same thing for my children. I'm not saying that organic food and not having your child vaccinated is bad or wrong, but what I am saying/asking is where did you get this information from? It is nothing I've heard about in my everyday life yet over the past 6 months all of a suddened so many people are talking about not having their children vaccinated and organic food has less hormones etc. Am I just naive? Am I not watching the same news as everybody else? Am I a bad mother for not knowing about all of these things? Will my children all of a sudden be autistic one day? The more I hear about these things the worse it makes me feel and the more paranoid I am. Right now my course of action is to continue on my steady course and leave all these paranoid feelings and questions in the Lord's hands. They are His children ultimately and I am doing what I know, think and believe is the best for them and leaving the rest of it up to God. However, I do think I may surf around on the internet to try and find some more information so that I am more informed on these issues. Do you have an opinion? I would love to hear it.

2 comments:

Mandy Santos said...

Hi Anita,
I know what you're talking about, my problem is I happen to find out right before Lily is at that stage. So what do I do, go on a wild search on the internet of all the info out there only to be left more confused and paranoid than ever!
Ex. Soy Milk...oh my goodness is there crazy info over soy. Acording to things I read, did you know that 1 glass of soy milk is the equivalent to 5 birth control pills?!?! Talk about hormones!
Like you said, we have to just trust the Lord because nowadays everything seems to lead to cancer or something.:-)

Have a great day!
Mandy

Michael and Christina said...

I agree. Tons of stuff that was "good" a couple of years ago is BAD now (see above comment about soy). I actually saw two different "experts" on the Today show about two weeks apart from eachother - one said to always buy organic celery (it was one of 10 foods that always have to be organic) - the other one talked about how if we don't protect our produce from insects and stuff then the produce will protect itself (sometimes with self-produced poisons!) He told a story about a lady in Germany who put organic celery in her veggie juice then went to the tanning bed and almost fried herself to death because of the poison the organic celery produced to protect itself from predators!! I don't think there's been enough time to accurately assess the claims (good or bad) that all the "experts" make about all the foods. Also, vitamins. Everyone is antioxidant crazy now (I try to eat a variety of colors of fruits and veggies along with juice and tea) but the news had a segment on antioxidant supliments and how they might be very dangerous. I agree that you should leave it in the Lord's hands - like you said, we turned out fine. Plus, we know He cares about your girls more than you do (if you can believe it :)) But if you have questions about organics and maybe even immunizations, talk to your doctor and see what he says. He should at least be familiar with what the "other side" is saying and be able to offer a counter argument.

Love you and praying for you and the girls :)

Christina