? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Obey the First Time

Ok, in the past I haven’t ever really posted anything inspiring or philosophical so I thought I would give it a shot and see how it goes.

One of our most used phrases with Savannah Grace these days is, “Obey the first time.” I am so tired of telling her EVERYTHING 5 or 6 times. Sometimes I want her to obey the first time just because and other times I need her to obey the first time for her safety, but she doesn’t seem to understand that.

The more I say this phrase and the more I think about ways to make it “click” with her the more the Lord has revealed to me how this phrase relates to my relationship with Him. He has showed me some areas in my life where He is saying, “Obey the first time.”

As frustrated as I get, daily, with Savannah Grace and as much as I think, “If she would just obey the first time her life would be so much easier.” As much as I want her to know that I say all of these things because I love her and right now I know what is best for her, God has showed me it’s the same way with us. He loves me so much and knows what’s best for me and He knows that if I would just obey Him my life would be so much better. I am sure the Lord gets frustrated with me and wonders why I don’t trust Him enough to just obey, even though he has been so faithful to my family and me.

Well I have never professed to being perfect and this is just the latest installment to this “work in progress.” And now that the Lord has shed His light on this place in my life it has given me a fresh cupful of patience for Savannah Grace. If you think about it, lift both of us up in your prayers as we work through this life lesson together.

In what areas of your life is God calling you to obey (the first time He asks)?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I couldn't help but smile the whole time I was reading this! I'm glad that you saw God in this. I think He has lessons for me all over the place, and I just miss em' a lot.